Friday, April 3, 2009

Madelyn Grace Yeager

Madelyn Grace Yeager is finally here! She was born on Tuesday, March 31st at 4:04 p.m. She weighed 8 pounds and 3 ounces and was 18 inches long. She is short and chubby! She has lots of dark brown hair and her eyes are blue. I went in at 7:30 that morning, they broke my water at 9:00 a.m. and she was here 7 hours later. My delivery went absolutely wonderfully. It was all such a great and amazing experience and we feel so blessed to have our precious daughter.
Madelyn 2 days old.
Bryson loves his little sister. He holds her every night and sings songs to her and talks to her. It is precious to watch them together. I think he is going to be a big help for mommy.

Madelyn about 5 minutes after she was born being cleaned up. Look at those chubby cheeks!

They laid Madelyn on me as soon as she came out and let Brian cut the cord while I was holding her. One of the nursing students in the room took this picture for us. It was so amazing!
Brian feeding me ice chips about 2 hours before she was born. He was a great coach! I still felt pretty good at this point, good enough to stop and pose for a picture!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy everything went well. You have a beautiful girl! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Mandy said...

Jen, she's so gorgeous! Congratulations!

Kristie said...

I love the picture of you seeing her for the first time. Precious. It made me cry. There is nothing better than that.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Kristie. I know, I love that picture! There was a nursing student in the room who just got my camera and took that picture, I thought that was so sweet of her. It was such an amazing experience!

Brandie said...

Congratulations!!!
I am so happy for you guys!!!
She is beautiful!!!

Jayspee27 said...

JENNIFER!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is so beautiful. I can not wait to meet her! I love that bryson sings to her.