Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's the little things in life...

A few days ago Bryson and I were spending the day alone at home. Needless to say, he was in a rather cranky mood. He is normally so good, but he definately has his moments. Well, he had thrown several meaningless fits that morning and my patience was running low. I warned him not to do it again and to stop the whining business. He didn't stop, so I sent him to his room to sit on his bed. I told him I would be in there in a few minutes to talk to him about his attitude. I finished doing the laundry and tried to let myself cool down so I could go talk to him. I am usually pretty patient with him, but whining is one thing that wears me down pretty quickly! So, I went to his room for our talk, and he was sitting on his bed crying and holding this card in his hand he had made for me. It said "sore" mom at the top. It took me a moment to realize that he had sounded out the word sorry the best he could. Then he put a heart for love and then he signed it "me". It melted my heart. I did feel like a "sore" mom after reading that card. He is so smart for a 4 year old and he amazes me with the things he can do sometimes! I will keep that sweet card forever and on the days in the future when he is wearing on me again, I'll get it out as a reminder!


2 comments:

Kristie said...

I love this story. It made me cry. You are right about the simple things in life. I must say Bryson's writing is pretty impressive. He is so cute.

Lindsay said...

That is so sweet! Bryson has such a loving heart. You're lucky to have such a sweet son!